Girl documents first drain cleaning experience for no reason at all

My bathroom sink drain has been relatively stopped-up for months but I've avoided doing anything Drano-related as I don't want to accidentally kill myself in the de-clogging process. Things got worse a couple weeks ago so I took to Facebook and asked some friends for advice and that's how I learned about the Zip-It Clean.

So I ordered the thing.

Then I made the mistake of watching some YouTube videos from Zip-It Clean customers showing off the visually offensive results of their efforts. My enthusiasm for this safe drain cleaning method quickly dissipated.

Today my Zip-It Clean arrived.


Like my first time at pretty much everything--I was nervous. But I decided to the right thing. The brave thing. I was going to violate this drain like a mofo.

So without any further ado:

Sachs v. Drain


Splashing debris and plug detachment aside, it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. After ten minutes of fumbling around like a blind aspiring plumber I managed to reattach the plug to the thingy inside (yes, "thingy" is the technical term). Now it was time to put this drain to the test.

Putting the drain to the test


And that is how it's done, bitches. That is how it's done.

Comments

PretzelHolic said…
Now THIS is what I call a REAL consumer advocate AND a real consumer product testing report. This young woman, Sam Sachs, is out there for ALL of us....risking all in order to check out the latest products and services to ensure we don't get ripped off. Now fancy editing......no cover girl/bleached teeth supermodels....just a real pretty little gal putting it all down for American consumers. We need for Sam Sachs to keep testing, kvetching and posting these alerts for the conspicuously over-consuming people that we are....
Unknown said…
Sam. You keep impressing me every time I see you lately. If only you'd actually call to hang out after saying you will for the past 3-5 years.
Hey Sam, Every time when I visit your blog found new and useful information about plumbing. Thanks for sharing it. Keep it up.

Popular Posts